From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Captain William Hargood, RN, commanded Belleis1e at Trafalgar.
(DE - 573: dp. 1,400; l. 306'; b. 37'; dr. 9'5"; s. 24 k.; cpl. 186; a. 3 3", 2 dct., 1 dcp.(h.h.), 8 dcp.; cl. Buckley)
Hargood (DE-573) was launched by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Hingham, Mass., 18 December 1943. Designated for transfer to Great Britain under lend-lease, she was delivered to the Royal Navy and commissioned 7 February 1944. Hargood served through the rest of the war as an escort vessel in the North Atlantic and off the Normandy beachhead, and was returned to the United States 23 February 1946. Struck from the Navy List 12 April 1946, she was sold to Northern Metal Co., Tacony, Pa., and removed 7 March 1947 for scrapping.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)