From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Royal Navy name retained.
(BDE - 46: dp. 1,140; l. 289'5"; b. 35'1"; dr. 11'; s. 21 k.; cpl. 156; a. 3 3", 8 dcp., 1 dcp.(hh.), 2 dct.; cl. Evarts)
Drury (BDE-46) was launched on 24 July 1942 by the Philadelphia Navy Yard, Philadelphia, Pa., as HMS Drury, and served in the Royal Navy throughout World War II. On 20 August 1945 HMS Drury was transferred to the U.S. Navy at Chatham, England. She was commissioned the same day, Lieutenant W. R. Herrick, Jr., USNR, in command. She departed Chatham 28 August, joined TG 21.3 off Dover, and the following day sailed for the States. Drury arrived at Philadelphia on 8 September and remained there at the Navy Yard where she was decommissioned on 22 October 1945. She was scrapped in June 1946.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT