(DD-313: dp. 1,215 (n.); 1. 314'4"; b. 30'1"; dr. 9'9" (aft); s. 33 k.; cpl. 96; a. 4 4", 1 3", 12 21"tt., cl. Clemson)
The first Zeilin (DD-313) was laid down on 20 February 1919 at the Bethlehem Shipbuilding Corp. yard in San Francisco, Calif.; launched on 28 May 1919- sponsored by Mrs. William P. Lindley; and commissioned on 10 December 1920 at the Mare Island Navy Yard, Lt. Comdr. James D. Moore in command
Following shakedown, Zeilin reported for duty with Division 33, Squadron 11, Destroyers, Battle Force, based at San Diego, Calif. For the next nine years, she operated out of that port, conducting maneuvers with the fleet and training with independent ships. In July 1923, she suffered damage in a collision with Henderson (AP-1) in Puget Sound but, after repairs, resumed duty with the Battle Force Destroyers. On 22 January 1930, Zeilin was decommissioned at San Diego. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 8 July 1930, and she was subsequently scrapped by the Navy.