(DD-303: dp. 1,308; 1. 314'4"; b. 30'11", dr. 9'10", s. 33 k cpl. 122; a. 4 4", 1 3", 12 21" tt.; cl. Clemson)
The first Reno was laid down by the Bethlehem Shipbuilding Corp., San Francisco, Calif., 4 .July 1918, launched 22 January 1919; sponsored by Miss Kathryn Baldwin Anderson; and commissioned 23 July 1920.
Attached to the Pacific Fleet, Reno operated along the west coast until January 1921 when she joined other fleet units in a cruise to Valparaiso, Chile. Resuming west coast operations on her return, she ranged between Washington and Lower California, with occasional runs to Hawaii or the Canal Zone In April 1927 she came as far east as Guantanamo, Cuba, and in July of that year she was at Prince Rupert, British Columbia, to participate in the celebrations of the Canadian Diamond Jubilee.
Decommissioned at San Diego 18 January 1930, Reno was struck from the Navy list 8 July 1930. She was scraped in 1931, in accordance with the terms of the London Treaty limiting naval armament.