(DD-129: dp. 1,090; 1. 314'5"; b. 31'8"; dr. 8'8"; s. 35 k.; cpl. 100; a. 4 4", 12 21" tt.; cl. Rathburne)
The second DeLong (DD-129) was launched 29 October 1918 by New York Shipbuilding Co., Camden N.J., sponsored by Miss E. DeL. Mills, granddaughter of Lieutenant Commander DeLong; and commissioned 20 September 1919, Lieutenant Commander J. S. Spore in command.
DeLong sailed from New York 3 November 1919, and after joining in exercises at Guantanamo Bay, and patrolling off Honduras arrived at San Diego 24 December. She sailed in maneuvers and torpedo practice off Coronado Roads until placed in reserve 20 June 1920. After extended overhaul at Mare Island Navy Yard, she returned to San Diego 26 June 1921 and began operating from that port 21 October with 50 percent of her complement. On 1 December 1921 she went aground in a heavy fog at Halfmoon Bay. A tug and two destroyers, Badger ( DD-126) and Ballard (DD-267), stood by to assist. On 17 December she was salvaged and towed to Mare Island Navy Yard. She was decommissioned 18 March 1922 and her hulk sold 25 September 1922.