(DD-111: dp. 1,060; 1. 314'5"; b. 31'9", dr. 8'6", s. 35k.; cpl. 113; a. 4 4", 2 3", 12 21" tt.; cl. Wickes)
The first Ingraham (DD-111) was launched 4 July 1918 by the Union Iron Works, San Francisco, Calif.; sponsored by Mrs. Alfred S. Gann; and commissioned 15 May 1919, Comdr. D. L. Le Breton in command.
Ingraham departed 20 May for her-shakedown cruise, transiting the Panama Canal and arriving Newport 6 June. After repairs in New York, she sailed for a European tour of duty. While visiting Ostend, Belgium 22 September, she carried the King and Queen of Belgium to Calais, France. The destroyer returned to San Diego 8 January 1920 via New York and the Canal Zone to begin conversion to a minelayer.
Reclassified DM-9, Ingraham began minelaying exercises January 1921 along the California coast before departing Mare Island 7 June. She arrived Pearl Harbor 18 June and engaged in operations there until she decommissioned at Pearl Harbor 29 June 1922. Her name was struck from the Navy List 1 December 1936 and she was sold for scrapping.