From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
(AK: l. 410'; b. 56'2"; dr. 26'; s. 10 k.; cpl. 70; a. 2 4")
Eurana (No. 1594), a cargo ship, was built in 1915 by Union Iron Works, San Francisco, Calif.; acquired by the Navy 13 September 1918; and commissioned the same day, Lieutenant Commander J. Foster, USNRF, in command.
Between 4 October 1918 and 14 September 1919, Eurana made four voyages from east coast ports to carry passengers and cargo for the Army Expeditionary Force and the Army of Occupation to La Pallice, Verdon, Bordeaux, St. Nazaire, and Brest, France. She was present in Brest 29 June 1919 to honor President W. Wilson leaving France in George Washington. Eurana was decommissioned 9 October 1919 at Norfolk, and returned to the Army for transfer to her owner.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)