From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
(AK: dp. 7,160; l. 338'; b. 46'2"; dr. 21'6"; s. 9 k.; a. 1 5", 1 3")
The second Edith (No. 3459) was acquired by the Navy from the Shipping Board and commissioned on 1 October 1918, Lieutenant Commander W. E. Briggs, USNRF, in command.
On 1 November she sailed for Nantes, France, with a cargo of ammunition and trucks. Returning to New York on 12 December, she loaded cargo destined for South America, discharging a portion at Bahia, and the remainder at Rio de Janeiro. At Santos, Brazil, she took on sugar cane for delivery to New Orleans, however, engine trouble caused her to complete the trip under tow by USS Potomac.
Edith was decommissioned on 18 May 1919 and returned to her owner.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)