From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Biesbosch was a merchant name retained.
(ARS: dp. 1100; l. 160'; b. 25'5"; dr. 12'6"; s. 8k.; cpl. 45; a. 1 3")
Biesbosch (No. 2499), a salvage steamer, was built in 1916 by J. P. Wilmink and Co., Groninjen, Holland; bare-boat chartered to the Navy by the Shipping Board 12 August 1918; and commissioned 18 November 1918, Lieutenant (Junior grade) E. M. Harker, USNR, in command.
Biesbosch was assigned to the Southern Salvage Division, 7th Naval District, Key West, Fla., and arrived 21 December 1918. At various times she assisted vessels aground off the coasts of Florida and Georgia. On 27 April 1919 she arrived back in New York where she was decommissioned and returned to the Shipping Board 13 May 1919.