From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Bella is the diminutive of Arabella or Isabella.
(AK: dp. 2300; l. 235'; b. 31'8"; dr. 15'9"; s. 12 k.; cpl. 51; a. 2 3")
Bella (No. 2211), a cargo vessel, was built in 1906 by Swan, Hunter, and Wigham Richardson, Ltd., Newcastle England; purchased by the Navy 22 February 1918; and commissioned at the Naval Air Station, Paulliac, France 16 March 1918, Lieutenant (junior grade) J. H. Crozier, USCG, in command.
Bella carried aviation supplies and equipment between European ports until transferred to the Army Transport Service at Bordeaux, France 27 February 1919. The Navy, however, continued to man and operate her until she returned to Philadelphia 29 November 1919. Decommissioned there 20 February 1920, Bella was sold 2 August 1920.