From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A British name retained.
(ATR - 20: dp. 1,360; l. 165'5"; b. 33'6"; dr. 15'10"; s. 12 k.; cpl. 32; a. 1 3", 2 20mm.; cl. ATR-1)
ATR-20 was laid down by Camden Ship Building & Marine Railway Co., Camden, Maine, 20 January 1943; launched 18 October 1943; sponsored by Miss Joy D. Creyk; transferred to the United Kingdom under lend-lease 24 April 1944; and commissioned as H.M.S. Justice at Boston, Mass., the same day, Lt. J. S. Allison, RNR, in command.
During the remainder of World War II, Justice served as a rescue tug in the Royal Navy. She was returned to the U.S. Navy 20 March 1946. Her name was struck from the Navy List 3 July 1946, and she was sold 3 October 1947.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)