From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
In Greek mythology, the personification of green vegetation.
dr. 14'4" s. 12 k. cpl. 245 a. 8 x 40mm.
LST-1094 was reclassified ARVE-4, 8 December 1944; named, 17 January 1945; launched, 21 April 1945, by American Bridge Co., Ambridge, Pa.; sponsored by Mrs. E. W. Clexton; and commissioned, 19 June 1945, Lieutenant W. B. Coley, USNR, in command.
Chloris put out from Galveston, 31 July 1945, made a lengthy call at San Diego and reached Pearl Harbor, 16 September. She sailed from Pearl Harbor, 26 September, to visit Norfolk, before sailing on to arrive at Green Cove Springs, Fla., 3 November. Chloris was placed out of commission in reserve, 18 June 1946
Recommissioned, 5 January 1951, Chloris began to alternate 6th Fleet cruises in the Mediterranean with local operations and training off Norfolk and in Florida waters. Providing specialized aircraft engine repair service, she cruised in the Mediterranean, 3 October 1951 to 10 March 1952, 4 August 1952 to 7 March 1953; and 17 August 1953 to 23 March 1955. During this last extended tour, she was homeported at Naples, Italy. On 21 June 1955, she reported to Green Cove Springs for inactivation. Chloris was again placed out of commission in reserve, 9 December 1955.