Speed 10 k
Armament 4 .30 cal. mg
Rescuer (ARS-18) was built in 1904 as tug Casper by United Engine Works, and acquired for the Navy 6 February 1942 by the Port Director, San Pedro, Calif. Assigned to the 13th Naval District 7 February 1942, she underwent conversion at Seattle, then sailed north to Alaskan waters where she served during her brief naval career. On 31 December 1942, while engaged in salvaging the Russian SS Turksib near Scotch Cap in the Aleutians, she was carried on to the beach, badly holed, and destroyed. Her name was struck from the Navy list 22 December 1944.