Speed 11.6 k
Armament 1 3"
LST-1124 was reclassified ARL-29, 14 August 1944; launched l February 1945 by Chicago Bridge and Iron Co., Seneca, Ill.; sponsored by Miss Lillie Williams Kidd and commissioned 3 March 1945 for passage to Baltimore, Md., where she was converted to a landing craft repair ship by Key Highway Plant of Bethlehem Steel Co. She was recommissioned 28 June 1945 as Amphitrite, Lieutenent T. S. Medford. USNR. in command.
Amphitrite joined the Pacific Fleet, reaching Pearl Harbor 27 September 1945. She operated out of Buckner Bay, Okinawa, as a repair ship from October 1945 to March 1946 and then moved to Apra, Guam. From June to November 1946 she operated out of Tsingtao and Shanghai, China, engaged in repairing and towing vessels. In November she departed for the United States and on 1 January 1947 was placed in commission in reserve at San Diego.