From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
French Creek (T-AO-159) was launched by the Sun Shipbuilding and Drydock Co., on 8 December 1944 and later delivered to the Maritime Administration. The Navy acquired her for transfer to Military Sea Transportation Service with whom she served from 28 November 1956 until 2 October 1957 when she was stricken from the Navy List and placed in the National Defense Reserve Fleet.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)