From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Former name retained
Cedar Creek, a tanker, was built by Sun
Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Co., Chester, Pa., in 1943, and lend-leased
to the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics on 30 April 1944. She was
returned to the Maritime Commission in March 1948, acquired by the
Navy and classified AO-138 in July 1948, and operated in a
noncommissioned status by a civilian company under contract with the
Navy. In October 1949 she was assigned to the Military Sea
Transportation Service and continued operations with a civilian crew.
On 28 September 1954 she was placed in reserve at San Diego where she
remained until 1 November 1956 when she again transferred to MSTS.
She was stricken from the Naval Register and turned over to the
Maritime Administration on 14 October 1957.
Transcribed by: email@example.com
HTML conversion by: EPM
Date: 14 Mar 1999