From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
A river in New York State.
dr. 30'10'' s. 15 k. cpl. 225 a. 1 x 5''
Cohocton (AO-101) was launched 28 June 1945 by Marinship Corp., Sausalito, Calif., under a Maritime Commission contract; sponsored by Mrs C. O. Day; commissioned 25 August 1945, Lieutenant Commander J. A. Houston, USNR, in command; and reported to the Pacific Fleet.
Cohocton sailed from San Francisco 5 September 1945 for Eniwetok, carrying ammunition and fresh water. She supported occupation forces in the Far East and western Pacific by carrying water from one port to another and serving as station water tanker. She called at Guam, Ulithi, Samar, Leyte, Yokosuka, Wakayama, and Kagoshima before arriving at Tsingtao, China, 10 January 1946, for station duty until 21 April. She returned by way of San Pedro, Calif., and the Panama Canal to Mobile, Ala., where she was decommissioned 14 June 1946 and returned to the War Shipping Administration the same day.