AN - 78: dp. 775 l.
b. 33'10" dr. 10'10"
s. 12k. cpl. 46 a. 1 x 3" cl. Cohoes
The second Cohoes (AN-78) was launched 29 November
1944 by Commercial Iron Works,
Portland, Oreg.; sponsored by Mrs. W. W. Johnson; commissioned 23 March 1945,
Lieutenant D. B. Little, USNR, in command; and reported to the Pacific Fleet.
After training at Pearl Harbor, Cohoes sailed 20 June 1945 for Eniwetok, arriving
2 July. She remained at Eniwetok installing, maintaining, and then removing the
net line there until 16 October, when she sailed for Ponape, arriving 18 October
to lay a mooring. In Langar Roads, she salvaged and relaid a Japanese mooring
buoy, and performed similar operations in the Carolines and Marshalls until 20
November, when she cleared Kwaialein for Pearl Harbor and San Francisco, arriving
12 December for duty at Tiburon Net Depot. Cohoes served at Tiburon until 8 April
1946, when she sailed for duty at Astoria, Oreg. She returned to San Francisco 3
September, and remained there until 25 August 1947 when she sailed for San Diego,
arriving 27 August. There Cohoes was placed out of commission in reserve 3