From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
Dalton Victory (T-AK-256) was built by California Shipbuilding Corp., Los Angeles, Calif., and was completed in 1944. Acquired by the Navy and assigned to MSTS in a noncommissioned status on 9 August 1950, Dalton Victory has carried out a multitude of duties in the Pacific through 1962, including operations in support of the Pacific Missile Range, Point Mugu, Calif.. She was renamed Sunnyvale, and reclassified T-AGM-6 on 27 October 1960.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT