From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Frank J. Petraca
Former name retained.
Frank J. Petraca (T-AK-250) was launched on 7 August 1945 by the Consolidated Steel Co., Long Beach, Calif. She was operated by the Army until turned over on 1 July 1950 to Military Sea Transportation Service by whom she was operated with civilian crews. On 9 April 1959 she was assigned to the National Defense Reserve Fleet, but returned on 7 April 1960 to MSTS who continues to operate her.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)