From Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships,
Vol. VI (1976), pp. 251
Rivers in Florida and Georgia, in Ohio and Indiana and in Michigan.
(LSMR-528: dp. 1,084; 1. 206'3"; b. 34'6"; dr. 6'8"; s. 12.6 k., accom. 138 a 1 5", 2 twin 40mm., 10 rkt. launchers, 8 20mm., 4 4.2' M.; cl. LSMR-501)
St. Marys River (LSMR-528) was originally authorized as LSM-528. Reclassified LSMR-528 on 21 April 1945, she was laid down on 19 May 1945 at the Brown Shipbuilding Co., Inc., Houston, Tex., launched on 16 June 1945, and commissioned on 2 September 1945, Lt. Norman E. Wallin, USNR, in command.
On 6 September, LSMR-528 sailed for Galveston, arriving the next day. She sailed for Charleston, S.C., on 12 September. However, after two days at sea, she ran into a storm and was diverted to Naval Frontier Base, Burrwood, La. After the storm, LSMR-528 resumed her voyage and arrived at Charleston on 21 September. While there, the ship had her rocket launchers and mortars installed.
Departing Charleston on 12 September, LSMR-528 sailed for Little Creek, Va., arriving on 14 September. After leave and upkeep, she began shakedown training on 15 October. Completing shakedown training on 15 November, she reported a week later to Commander LSMR Squadrons, Little Creek. On 29 November, she sailed for Green Cove Springs, Fla., with orders to report for inactivation. LSMR-528 was decommissioned in March 1946. Named St. Marys River on 1 October 1958, she was struck from the Navy list on the same day. She was sold on 4 August 1959 to Fleet Storage Corp.