From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Bingham is a county in Idaho.
(APA-225; dp. 6873; l. 455'; b. 62'; dr. 24'; s. 17.5 k.; cpl. 536; a. 1 5"; cl. Haskell)
Bingham (APA-225) was launched 20 November 1944 by Permanente Metals Co., Yard No. 1, Richmond, Calif., under a Maritime Commission contract; sponsored by Mrs. John V. Harrell; transferred to the Navy 23 December 1944; and commissioned the same day, Captain L. F. Brown, USNR, in command.
From 1 March to 22 September 1945 Bingham carried and cargo in the Marianas, with one voyage to Okinawa (20-30 June). She then shifted to "Magic Carpet" runs, returning servicemen from the Philippines to San Francisco (25 September 1945-31 March 1946). Decommissioned 17 June 1946, Bingham was returned to the Maritime Commission the next day.
Bingham received one battle star for her operations off Okinawa.